At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Internalize the nuances of case study teaching.
- Appreciate and internalize the support to be provided to the faculty in case teaching.
- Internalize the nuances of writing effective case studies.
- Appreciate and internalize the support to be provided to the faculty in case writing.
This workshop is primarily meant for, though not limited to:
- Academicians who would like to use the case method of teaching.
- Doctoral students who would like to use the case method as part of their research.
- Case researchers and writers interested in developing cases and teaching notes.
- Corporate learning and development executives who would like to adopt the case method.
Speaker ProfileDr. Amarpreet Singh Ghura
Dr. Ghura has worked with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad as a Case study writer. December 2015 Dr Ghura got selected for a Case Workshop organized by the Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, TISS, which was supported by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and was organized on behalf of South Asia Network for Impact Master (SANIM). Dr. Ghura's research work has been accepted for publication in journal like Marketing Mastermind, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Emerging Economies (SAGE Publications). His articles have been published in business magazines like Corporate India and Business newspaper Economic Times. Dr Ghura has written teaching cases, which have been published in IIM Ahmedabad Case center, Ivey Publishing, Vision-The Journal of Business Perspective (SAGE Publications), Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies (EEMCS) and are used in different institutions in India. Dr Ghura is an Ad-hoc reviewer for Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies Case Journal. March 2018 Dr Ghura has been the recipient of the Philip Thomas Memorial Case Award 2018 at IIM Ahmedabad for his case study titled “The Akal Academies” .
|10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||Case methods pre requisites: Personal (e.g. : Motivation, confidence), Institutional (e.g. norms, infrastructure)|
|11:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Introduction to the KASH concept.|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM||Case selection
Case content: Opening paragraph / case synopsis and case body (Activity will be done by the participants during the FDP)
|02:00 PM - 03:30 PM||Role of teaching note in case selection and case teaching.
Discussion questions and preparation questions
|03:30 PM - 05:00 PM||Case teaching
Planning the teaching process Learning objective, case position in the course, Planning the class session Handling class discussion & challenging students
|10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||What makes a case, A Great case.|
|11:00 AM - 12:00 PM||One on one session with Amarpreet Singh Ghura|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM||Data Collection method for case study writing?|
|02:00 PM - 03:30 PM||How to review the case?|
|03:30 PM - 05:00 PM||Preparing effective teaching note?|