Sharad Abhyankar, Partner | Mumbai
- Mr. Sharad Abhyankar Solicitor & Advocate joined M&A and Corporate Advisory Practice of Khaitan & Co. Mumbai Office n December 2011. Practising for more than 28 years. Sharad specialises in corporate laws, securities laws, anti-trust laws, telecom regulations, constitutional litigation and International commercial arbitrations, He advises Indian and international clients on strategic M&As, private equity investments, capital market transactions, financing transactions domestic and cross-border Foreign collaborations and joint ventures, foreign exchange and securities law related matters.
- Sharad has led the merger of housing finance companies with public sector banks and has advised on issues on complex regulatory issues relating to mergers and acquisitions in financial services sector.
- Sharad has led many complex legal due diligence assignments of Indian Corporate Groups for compliance check, health check, particularly focussed on Promoter Groups, Related Party Transactions; tunnelling schemes by promoters and Key Managerial Personnel and Insider trading.
- Sharad has also led preparation of compliance manuals on Indian federal and state laws for Indian Corporate Croups with International operations.
- Sharad is also involved in facilitating different government agencies in framing policies and regulations such as the State Education Board in Mabarashtra. Department of Telecommunications. ICASA - the Telecom Regulator in Republic of South Africa Sharad also led the project of developing the Model Shops & Establishments Law in association with FICCI, which was recently adopted by the Union Cabinet. Sharad Abhyankar is an Independent Director on a lew listed and unlisted Indian companies and has been a part-time faculty on various legal subjects at the Government Law College. Mumbai, for more than 25 years.
- Sharad is a member of the Advisory Committee and Drafting Committee of the NSE Center for Excellence in Corporate Governance.
- Sharad has authored several articles on a variety of legal topics in both, Indian and International journals and is often invited as a speaker / panellist at a number of professional seminars.